LEARN TO "DO IT YOURSELF" (DIY)
There are three simple reasons why learning to do stuff yourself helps you – in your life and in your career.
- Agency and independence: You do not rely others to say “yes” to make a difference wherever you want to make it.
- Flow: Creativity is a human gift that brings pleasure and joy to your life.
- Money: You do not have to pay for the “wrong” things – yes, having experts do things makes sense in some cases, but not in all.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Our lab is based on peer-to-peer learning. DIY-instructors (self-taught entrepreneurs and professionals) pass on their knowledge and skills to other learners. There is always a balance of theory and practice that involves the immediate application of the respective skill-set.
Until we have a physical lab to meet in, we are running the lab on a virtual basis. DYI-instructors share their experience in weekly DYI-lunch-meetups. The meetings are structured in the following way:
- Personal story: The first steps
- Exercise: Small-group task for the group
- Feedback: The instructor sharing his/her insights on the results
DATES & TIMES
The DYI Lab meets irregularly, depending on the preferred times and dates of the instructors and members.
- Social media
- Creative and journalistic writing
- Science communication
- Visual thinking and sketching
- Graphic design
- Marketing & sales
IS THERE A FEE?
There is a monthly membership fee.
YOU HAVE A SKILL TO SHARE OR YOU WANT TO SUGGEST A NEW SKILL AREA?
Great, get in touch: email@example.com
Writing, Science Communication
Web, Social Media, Graphic Design
Visual Thinking & Sketching, Graphic Recording